National Pipe Company Limited (NPC), located in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia, is a leading manufacturer of large diameter steel pipes. Established in 1978, NPC manufactures steel pipes for various applications such as the transmission of oil, natural gas and water, and structural use. NPC has 430,000 metric tons of annual pipe production capacity: 250,000 metric tons of helical (also known as spiral) Submerged Arc Welded (SAW) pipe and another 180,000 metric tons of longitudinal (also known as Straight Seam Submerged Arc Welded) pipe of various sizes.
The helical pipe production facility started commercial production in December 1980, producing and supplying high quality pipes to Saudi Aramco, the Saline Water Conversion Corporation (SWCC), and many others in Saudi Arabia and other GCC countries.
The longitudinal pipe mill started commercial production in September 2001 and mainly aims at meeting growing demand for heavier wall thickness pipes for natural gas transmission lines, associated with the development of non-associated gas fields and the construction of gas refinery plants in Saudi Arabia and other GCC countries.
NPC has technical and management support from Sumitomo Metal Industries Ltd of Japan, a major shareholder in the company and a leading manufacturer of steel and steel products.
Capabilities & Specifications
- Total Production Capacity
- 430,000 metric tons / year
- Grade Specification
- Helical Pipe Mill
- Outside diameter: 20"-84" (508.0 - 2,133.6 mm)
- Wall thickness: 0.250"-0.875" (6.35-22.20 mm)
- Length: up to 80 feet (24 meters) max.
- Capacity: 250,000 MT/Year
- Longitudinal Pipe Mill
- Outside diameter: 24"-60" (609.6 - 1,524.0 mm)
- Wall thickness: 0.250"-1.200" (6.35-30.48 mm)
- Length: up to 40 feet (12 meters) max.
- Capacity: 180,000 MT/Year