Saudi Arabian Fabricated Metals Industry Limited (SAFAMI) is one of the leading companies in steel fabrication in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, having considerable involvement with Saudi Aramco, Fluor, Saudi Electricity Company, Bechtel, Shell, Lummus, Ballast Nedam Group, Hadeed, Brown & Root, Thyssen (Germany), Petrobau Ingenieur (Germany), McDonnell Douglas Services Inc., etc.
SAFAMI is based in the Eastern Province and can readily call upon the resources of its sister companies when the need arises, e.g. transportation, shipping, lifting problems, insurance.
It has a manufacturing license issued by the Ministry of Industry and Electricity; is an approved contractor for Saudi Aramco (Vendor No. DS-3005-01), Saudi Electricity Company (SEC) (Vendor No. S-4215), SABIC Companies; and is capable of handling large and small contracts.
SAFAMI is authorised by ASME/National Board to manufacture ASME Code Stamped Pressure Vessels (U), Pressure Boilers (S), Power & Process Piping (PP), and repairs and alterations to Pressure Vessels (R). Our documented Quality Management System undergoes continuous assessment and is certified to be in compliance with ISO 9001-2000.
Our particular fields of expertise are as follows:
- Pipe fabrication, pipe racks, pipe supports, cement lined fittings, spectacle plates, & orifice plates
- Structural steel fabrication to AISC and BS Standards
- Knock-down storage tanks, shop fabricated horizontal or vertical tanks (flat or dished heads) to API 650 or clients' specifications
- Pressure vessels to ASME VIII, Division I, maximum weight 20 tons
- Ladders, platforms, stairs, stairways, and handrailing
- Chimneys, power stacks, ducting, and flare tips
- Sandblasting and painting
From client supplied design data our Engineering Department can produce estimates, shop fabrication drawings, erection drawings and material take-off sheets.